A Raspberry Pi HAT I/O board for use with solid state power relays. Designed for switching high power loads without the need for costly extra hardware such as SSR modules or contactors. Ideally suited to automation or industrial control applications requiring high-speed switching, or switching of loads not suitable for regular mechanical relays, such as motors, power supplies, or noise sensitive equipment such as amplifiers.
- Support 4 industry standard SIP-4 type solid state relays
- Easy to use interactive web GUI
- Based on the MCP23017 16-port GPIO expander
- Jumper selectable I2C address & GPIO voltage (3.3V / 5V)
- Huge range of compatible solid state relays (known list)
- Up to 10A @ 250V / 16A @ 250V (forced air cooled)
- Can be used with 3.3V or 5V I2C host devices (eg, Arduino)
- Built-in user programmable ID EEPROM
- Conforms to Raspberry Pi HAT Specifications
Interactive Web GUI
Once installed on your Raspberry Pi, this interactive GUI allows quick & easy control of your CTRL HAT without the need for any coding. It is designed to be both a user guide & quick reference to the CTRL HAT pinout. The GUI is fully responsive and adapts to any screen size.
Check-out the Live Demo.
Our easy installer takes care of the setup process automatically.
sudo wget https://git.plasmadan.com/install.sh
sudo sh install.sh
Alternatively, you can install manually. See our setup guide.
Built-in GPIO Expander
Featuring the well-documented MCP23017 16 channel GPIO expander, CTRL HAT is easy to setup and control via I2C. Channels 0-4 (Group A) are utilised for the solid state relays, giving you an extra 12 GPIOs for use with your project.
We built CTRL HAT to work with any device featuring an I2C bus. It can be used with either 3.3V devices (eg, Raspberry Pi) or 5V devices (eg, Arduino); by selecting the appropriate jumper (see device compatibility).
We have created an interactive 3D model which you can use in your designs.
Warranty, Shipping, Taxes & Import Charges
We offer a 12 month warranty on all our products (excludes damage caused by water ingress, misuse or abuse).
Note: Local taxes and other import or handling fees may be applied. These are the responsibility of the buyer.